Visit Sao Miguel
This package allows you to stay in Sao Miguel while exploring the largest and most multifaceted island of the Azores, known as the green island. The island is known for the flowers, trails and many volcano lakes. Take an enjoyable drive through Sao Miguel’s main villages and cities. Enjoy the nature, the ocean during your stay in a comfortable hotel.
From €590 per person
This package includes
• Nights hotel accommodations 3/4*
• Rental car group A, 8 days, unlimited kilometres, CDW, fees. Additional insurance may be purchased at check-in.
• Pick up and drop off at the airports and/or harbours
• Airport assistance upon arrival
• Airport tax
• 1 whale watching tour on Pico island
• 1 “swim with the dolphins” tour on Sao Miguel
• 1 walking guide
• 1 map 1:50 000
What is not included
• Flights IN/OUT Ponta Delgada (Sao Miguel)
• Meals other than breakfast
• Other services not mentioned on the program
We offer to book for you the international flights IN and OUT. If interested please ask us for a quote
Driver’s age must be 23 years or older and must have had a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 1 (one year)
Some of the places to visit:
• The Convent and Chapel of Our Lady of Hope, known as “Convento de Esperança” or simply Saint Christ’s Church “Igreja do Senhor Santo Cristo”, is home to the magnificent statue of “Senhor Santo Cristo dos Milagres” Christ of Miracles, the patron of the largest religious festival in the Azores.
• The “Sant’Ana” Palace, a 19th century construction surrounded by beautiful gardens is actualy the residence of the President of the Regional Government of the Azores (it is not open daily).
• The museum “Carlos Machado Museum”, with permanent exhibitions.
• The “Lagoa do Fogo” (Fire Lake). The hiker may reach the lake along well travelled paths.
• The “Ermida da Senhora da Paz” (Our Lady of Peace Chapel), an authentic “Marian” sanctuary constructed on a mount provides an excellent view of the village and of the islet. The “Ilheu” of “Vila Franca”, protected as a Natural Reserve, is approximately 1 km from the coastline.
• The Furnas lake, surrounded by a beautiful flowered shore.
• The area of the “Caldeiras” (Hot Springs) at the lake, serve as a natural kitchen. Cooking by burying pots of food in the earth is a tradition that provides a fantastic meal of mixed meats and vegetables.
• In the town of Furnas the “Caldeiras”, are even more spectacular. Many openings in the earth sprout geysers of boiling hot water.
• The “Terra Nostra” Park, behind the hotel of the same name, is one of the most beautiful parks in São Miguel. This 18th century park consists of small lakes, and streams, bushes of colourful and exotic flowers and century old trees of great botanical value. A lake that works like a pool of thermal iron water where you can relax in hot water.
• “Nordeste” (Northeast), is one of the most attractive municipalities in São Miguel. The look-out points, “Ponta da Madrugada”, “Ponta do Sossego”, “Salto da Farinha”, and the “Ponta do Estorninho”, among others are worth stopping at to admire the flowers and the amazing landscape.
• “Pico da Vara”, the highest point on the island, with an altitude of 1105m, is a challenge to a one and a half to two hour walk along a path which offers magnificent scenery of nature in the most primitive form. Pico da Vara is considered Natural Reserve, and a previous authorisation by the Regional Forestry Ministry is required).
• “Sete Cidades twin lakes” – the biggest crater in the Azores with 12 km perimeter.
• Several beaches all over the island where you can swim.