14 days, 13 nights – Visit Sao Miguel, Sao Jorge, Pico and Faial.
Travel to some of the most interesting and beautiful islands in the Azores. These 4 islands known for their spectacular volcanic lakes, abundant whales and dolphins, and peaceful way of life of the sailors in Horta harbour will provide you an insight on the azoreen culture.
From the mystic volcano crater lakes in São Miguel, the whale hunting culture of Horta and the UNESCO vines on Pico, the mountain island, this package will leave you certain that you have visited some of the most interesting islands in the Atlantic sea.
Nevertheless, we think it is important that you also have free time for yourself, simply to relax, to go shopping or to do other activities available.
From € 1190 per person
This package includes
• Inter island airfare Ponta Delgada / Sao Jorge
• nights hotel accommodations 3/4*
• Ferry boat tickets Sao Jorge / Pico – Pico / Faial
• Rental car group A, unlimited kilometres, CDW, fees. Additional insurance may be purchased at check-in.
• Pick up and drop off at the airports and/or harbours
• Airport assistance upon arrival
• Airport tax
• 1 whale watching tour on Pico island
• 1 “swim with the dolphins” tour on Sao Miguel
• 1 walking guide
• 1 map 1:50 000
What is not included
• International flights IN to Ponta Delgada (Sao Miguel)
• International flights OUT from Horta (Faial)
• Meals other than breakfast
• Other services not mentioned on the program
We offer to book for you the international flights IN and OUT. If interested please ask us for a quote
Driver’s age must be 23 years or older and must have had a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 1 (one year)
Exemple for 14 days tour
• Arrival in Ponta Delgada Airport (Sao Miguel)
• Pick up the car at the airport
Day 2 to day 6 :
• Visit Sao Miguel
• 1 “swim with dolphins” tour
Day 7 :
• Drop off the car in Ponta Delgada airport and pick up the next one on Pico airport
• Flight from Ponta Deldada to Sao Jorge airport
• Visit Sao Jorge island
Day 8 :
• Visit Sao Jorge
Day 9 :
• Drop off the car
• Transfer by ferry to Pico
• Pick up the next car in Pico harbour
Day 10 to day 12 :
• Visit Pico
• 1 whale watching tour
Day 13 :
• Drop off the car at Madalena (Pico) harbour (office at 3 min from the harbour)
• Transfer by ferry to Horta (Faial)
• Pick up the next car in Horta (office at 3 min from the harbour)
Day 14 :
• Drop of the car in Horta airport
• International flight
Sao Miguel is the largest and most populated island of the Azores, known as the green island. The island has a surface area of approximately 759 km2 . The municipal seat is located in “Ponta Delgada”, the largest town in the arquipelago. This island has around 140.000 inhabitants.
Pico Island, named after its imposing mountain and also known as the grey island due to the mountain, is often referred as the “Ilha Montanha” (Mountain Island) and belongs to the central group of islands. Pico island is, the after S. Miguel, the second largest island in the Azores and it is 4,5 miles from Faial and 11 miles from S. Jorge.
Faial island is also part of the central group of the archipelago, about 66 miles from Terceira, 4.5 miles from Pico and 11 miles from S. Jorge. The surface area of Faial is approximately of 173 km2. The island has about 15.000 inhabitants and its’ main municipal seat is located in the city of Horta. The different colours of blue decorate the houses, divide the fields and line the roadsides, giving Faial the name of Blue Island.
The island of São Jorge, another island from the central group, lies 21,6 miles of Graciosa, 11 miles of Pico, 32,4 miles of Terceira and 16,2 miles of Faial. It has an approximate area of 246 km2. The island has about 9.500 inhabitants. The main municipalities are Velas and Calheta.